• Lightweight barriers for fire walls and ventilation control.
• Boundary pillars.
• Rejuvenation or replacement of old seals.
• General cavity and void filling above closed-off arches in tunnel drives or
after rockfalls (cushion support).
• High yield: Improves materials handling logistics and cost. Hanging
walls can compress the product without destruction, while maintaining
• Rapid: Less man hours, typical application 80m³ void filled per shift.
• Crew size: Minimum of 5 people per crew.
• HIGH YIELD
Yield is variable according to the strength required e.g.: 8 bags of powder will produce one cubic meter of aerated cement at a density of 250-350 kg/m³.
• SET STRENTH GAIN
Rate of set and development will vary according to temperature, density and water: solids ratio used.
• WATER:SOLIDS RATIO
0.7:1 – 1:1
• COMPRESSIVE STRENGTH
0.25 mpa – 1.0 mpa
Aerocrete is a single component, non-combustible, non toxic aerated cement supplied as a powder, it readily forms a foamed grout on mixing with water in a purpose designed applicator.
FIRE AND SAFETY
Although non flammable and non toxic, the use of gloves and goggles is recommended due to the alkaline content present in the cement component. Aerocrete complies with the SABS 0177 requirements.
Aerocrete can be placed into remote areas via a 25mm hose from a distance of between 100 and 600m.
Aerocrete must be stored in dry conditions as for ordinary Portland cement.